Friday 5 November 2010

Phew! Time to catch up.

Hello! I'm back, but only very briefly. I have been so busy lately well I should really say sew busy. For the past few months I have spent every waking minute (or it has felt like it)  pinning, cutting, sewing,  doing applique projects and then embellishing everything with buttons or ribbons......I really put my back into it. Literally! I ended up with the worst back ache I have ever encountered. It was all in honour of this wonderful craft fair that I was privileged to be part of- Nostalgia Meets Design!

I'm sorry to say that this is the only image I have from the event. As organised as I try to be such as blogging about craft events beforehand to drum up some interest, when it came down to it I simply ran out of time and steam. When the day came it was actually a relief to sit down for the entire day. I put so much effort into producing beautiful good quality work that I think I wore myself out. Anyway I'll stop twining because it paid off I sold lots of lovely things and I've been asked to supply to Trade! Which is the direction I want to go in.


Here is a taster of what I was selling
A sexy festive table runner! Ooh! La! La!




Lovely lavender pillows. ZZZZZZ!


Funky Gingerbread Men decorations! I know a few other designers are making these but this is my version!


Christmas Tree decorations- these went down very well


Pom-pom bunting.

I also made a few kits basically because every time I do a craft event I always hear somebody saying "Oh! You can make that yourself" This really winds me up! I'm convinced these types of people never go on to actually make anything, or if they try they'll never produce the quality that I strive for!! Not that any body said it at the Nostalgia Meets Design or NMD as us in the know call it. HA! HA! Thats a joke!

I sold Christmas Tree kits and Gingerbread Men kits.




Here we have my Christmas goody bags. They are packed with buttons, bows, a string of eight pom-poms and festive shiny sequins! I'm selling them here  


I shall try to blog more often, as Toyah once said "It's a mystery to me...." how some folks manage to sew, make, produce, then list it all in their on-line shops, blog about their new creations and find the time to be a parent!!! Answers on a post card please!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I have no idea either! I love all your makes and am so pleased that the fayre went well for you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Hi! How ya doing? Glad someones else ponders these mysteries. I try hard to work all the time but then I look around my house and sometimes it isn't good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you popped in here today you would feel better, I'm sure. I still haven't got sorted after last week's Halloween party, it is on eof my son's birthday partied this afternoon, his family party tomorrow and I'm trying to get ready for a fayre on Friday. Maybe I shouldn't be blogging?!xx

    ReplyDelete